Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Pray, Give and Go Part 2

Though it isn't my season to go to the nations as I would someday like to do, Jesus does call me to "go".  There are places I can go right now.  There are people God wants me to proclaim the message of hope to now.   The command to "go" starts at home and expands from there.  That was what Jesus commanded His disciples to do. 

Acts 1:8  But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Jesus really included every possible scenerio in His brief statement.  He was saying start where you are. Jerusalem  Talk to people who live near you and are like you.  Judea  Talk to people who are like you and to those who very different from you.  Samaria Talk to people of other cultures--even those whom you despise or who despise you.  to the ends of the earth  Take the plunge and go to unknown places.  Meet people you've never seen or perhaps never even heard of.  Learn new languages.  Do this so that every nation in the world has the opportunity to hear the Gospel of Christ Jesus.  

We must be intentional or it won't happen.  

I leave you with this:  We have been given the power of the Most High God.  We can accomplish this mission.  So... what are you waiting for?  Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment