1. He taught them as they lived life. (compare to Deut 6:4)
2. Loved them and called them friends
3. He still discipled the one whom he knew would betray him--Judas
4. Jesus taught large crowds with the disciples with Him
5. Spent time alone teaching them greater truths
6. Jesus healed and did other miracles with the disciples with him.
7. He gave them responsibilities with him there to oversee and instruct them
8. He sent them on missions. (the 12 and 72 sent out) He was intentional, had a clear mission, and clear expectations.
9. He let them fail, and then rescued them.
10. He corrected them
11. He was completely honest with them. He spoke the truth in love.
12. He let them ask dumb questions
13. Retaught the same lessons over and over
14. Patient with their lack of understanding, and unbelief
15. Modeled prayer (prayed with them, for them, and alone )
16. Modeled service
17. Made the most of teachable moments
18. He let them know that he needed them (in the garden of gathsamene)
19. He knew they would fail, misunderstand, have wrong motives—they weren’t perfect
20. He sent them into the world, but he was there to help them John 17:18
21. When He left, He entrusted them with the greatest mission, but sent the Spirit has their helper matthew 28:19
T The Great Launch: Entrusting them with the greatest Mission—make disciples Matt 28:19
o The weren’t perfect- this is the same bunch who 40 days ago abandoned him, and denied him, they doubted the resurrection, they didn’t understand what Jesus taught them
o But they had power- Acts 1:8  But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." AC 2:1 When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place.  Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.  They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them.  All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
o And what a difference power makes!!!!!!- AC 4:13 When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.