Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

40 Days of Discovery- Day 28

So I wrote in an earlier post that I never read of Jesus being hungry unless he was intentionally not eating.  Well, I read about him being hungry today.  In Matthew 12, he an his disciples were hungry so they went into a grain field to pick and eat.  It wasn't a grand feast, but it was still the Father's perfect provision!

Living as the King's daughter, means knowing that He could give me anything He wants, but He will only give that which is good.  So I can rest in His provision.  I can ask for my needs to met, and wait for the provision.  I may have to pick it from a grain field.  But no matter what method He chooses, I trust Him, and it is good!

So often when I ask for a need to be met, I ask for the need to be met, then I tell Him how to meet the need.  I ask for healing, then I tell him how, and when to healing.  It's always now, by the way.  I'm learning how to trust my Father, who sees ALL--the beginning and the end, who knows ALL.  When my babies were crying to have their needs met, I didn't need them to tell me how to get their diapers changed, or what to feed them.  How could they know that?  I, too, am that baby crying to have my needs met.  I need to trust the one who cares perfectly for me.  I need to trust the one, who loves me FAR MORE than I can comprehend.  I can come to Him confidently knowing that He WILL meet my need perfectly.

Ask you and WILL  receive.  Receive what?  The perfect remedy for the problem.  Not necessarily my idea for meeting the need.  Lord, help me to acknowledge you as the Master over all, and to gladly surrender my understanding, thoughts, and ideas to yours.  I want your plans to be accomplished, for they are perfect and good.  Not mine.

I was praying this morning for my children, and the Holy Spirit opened my eyes to some things.  I love it when that happens!  He told me this:

Instead of trying to change the outward behavior of your children, teach them how to sit at my feet listening to my voice, getting their mind reknewed, having their lives transformed to become like me, and experiencing life that overflows abundantly.

That is my greatest job as a mom.  To teach them to go to Jesus, and to show them what that looks like practically.  To teach them how to live as a child of the King.  To learn how to serve Him faithfully.  That is the "One thing" we should be striving for.  Help us to stay focused on the "One thing" Holy Spirit.

That may mean making some changes.  We already know of one change we'll be making for our oldest son.  I'm praying for the Lord to give us His vision for the other kids.  He knows what they need far better than I. 

PHP 3:12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. [13] Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, [14] I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

I'm so thankful that my Father knows He needs to talk to me simply.  I need my life simple.  I can focus on "One thing", by the power of the Holy Spirit.  He knows how easily I can be distracted by shiny objects or the next exciting project, and the voices of the "experts" telling me what I MUST do. I need His Spirit guiding me back to the "One Thing".  One Thing.... One Thing.... One Thing

No comments:

Post a Comment