Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

40 Days of Discovery- Day 38

Today my daughter asked me if I was excited that this time of fasting and seeking the Lord was almost over.  I didn't answer, because today was so, so good.  I just thought to myself, "Do I really want this to end?"  I'll be honest, there have been moments when I've wanted to quit and give in to my physical cravings.  Yet, I've persevered, because I know that joy awaits.  I'm pressing forward for the blessing of being nearer to my Father.

I don't know if you know this, but I was adopted 31 years ago by the perfect Father.  By the King of the Universe.  I'm still learning how to receive His love.  I'm still learning how to live as a child of the Most High King.  I'm still learning how to trust Him completely.

But there are days like today when I know my Father loves me.  He shows me in such tangible ways.  It isn't simply a theory.  I know!

My heart is just overflowing with His joy! 

Oh how I love Jesus!
Because He first Loved me.

There is no sweeter name than the name of Jesus. If you have not tasted of His sweetness, I challenge you to call on His name today.  Those who earnestly seek Him will be rewarded with His sweet, sweet presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment