Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Jealous lover?

Our God is a jealous lover.  He intensely longs to have our hearts alone.  He desires our complete devotion.  He will not share our hearts's affections with another.  We CANNOT give ourselves completely to God and to __________(fill in the blank).  When He takes up residence in our hearts, there is no room for anyone or anything else-- because He completely satisfies.  But there is a lie that our enemy continually whispers.  That every other thing will satisfy and God will not.  Most of  us who claim to follow Christ want God and _____.  Just enough of God to get us to Heaven when we die, and to fix our messes when we're in a jam, but not ALL of Him.

That might mess up our world.

He just might take over, setting up His kingdom and ruling Supremely in my life.  That means we're no longer in control.

I like being in control.

And I like gods that I can control.  Though I often try, I know I can't control the Supreme, and Living God.  He will not bow before me.  And He will not enter into my life unwelcomed.  He stands at the door and knocks.

Here I am!  I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I wil come in and eat with him and he with me. Rev 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment