Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

40 Days of Discovery- Day 11

God has spoken powerfully through His word to me today.  I read from Romans 3 and 4 today, and man was I lifted up!

Here's a snippet of what I gleamed:

Against all hope, Abraham believed (God's promise to him), and became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him.

Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was good as dead--since he was about 100  years old--and that Sarah's was also dead.  Yet...
He did not waver through unbelief  regarding the promises of God. This amazes me!

but he was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God being fully pursuaded that God had the power to do what he had promised.

That is why... 

Because of his unwavering belief in the Promise-keeper, God assigned righteousness to him. Simply put,  He was made righteous.  These words are for us as well.  We aren't righteous because we do good things, think good things, because we're moral, hard-working, or anything.  God offers us his righteousness.  If we believe God's promise to us:  For God loved the world so much that he gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him would not live apart from the source of life (God Himself) and as a result experience death, but instead have life the bubbles up and overflows bringing life that has no end.  Thank you Jesus!!!!!

Help me to believe all your promises.  Help me to be FULLY PERSUADED that you can fulfill your promises in me and you will do it.  Help me to believe.

So these are the questions that I ask the Holy Spirit.
What are the realities of life that I need to face and not allow these things to weaken my faith? 
limited finances, limited time, health problems, not having all the answers, not able to do everything perfectly like my type B+ personality wants. (I'm not as type A as I used to be.)

What promises have you given me that I need to trust you to bring to pass in my life?
That you will lift me up with no striving on my part
That anything I ask under the authority and power of King Jesus, you will give
That I will be a truth revealer
That my prayers are powerful, and effective!
That my prayers, offered in faith (believing in the One who is able to heal), will make the sick well; The Lord will raise him up. (not me)


No comments:

Post a Comment